Sunday, September 27, 2009

We Bow Down

"It's silly to worship a baby cow isn't it?" That's what the teacher in sunday school taught today. My wife and I started helping with some 2 year olds at church this morning. And I just can't help but think about it when I see this new book from Keller. I'm no different than Israel- freshly redeemed from slavery and hopelessly frantic for something as trivial as gold to mediate The Transcendent. We all want to see and touch something right in front of us- and give it Ultimate Meaning and Significance. I have no doubt that Keller's new book will be full of piercing insights for the believer and the skeptic. I'm looking forward to his treatment of our addiction to anything but God. We are all in desperate need of truth to lead us out of the labyrinth of our corrupted hearts and into the open field of the gospel.

No comments: